Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Holding Hands

I went to the Cancer Center today. For myself. I've been to the Cancer Center before for someone else. It was completely different. I was a helper. A friend. And I rather enjoyed being able to walk with someone else. Talking with the receptionist and waiting in the waiting rooms. Helping with whatever I could help. But today was different. I was there for me. I was the "cancer patient". And someone walked with me. Held my hand and smiled. My wife :-)

I've been thinking about how we all have chances to be "helpers". Each one of us takes our life expereinces and applies them to how we can walk along with others we relate to. Those of us who have been through the rigors of grade 6 can put an arm across a grade 6er and talk about teasing and bullying. If you've never experienced it, how can you relate? But you can. And you do. And when you do, you feel good about being able to comfort or care for or walk with a friend.

"Praise be to the... Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

Waddle on Dwayne. And put a hand around those you can.

5 Comments:

At July 13, 2005, Blogger Ellipsis said...

i'm sorry to hear/read about your illness. hope this messages goes some way in making this one of those good days you've had.:)

 
At July 13, 2005, Blogger corky said...

Waddle on, Dwayne. Penguins can be encouraged through your difficult journey!

 
At July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The following passage immediately came to mind when I read this post: Proverbs 18:22. Peter

 
At July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration and you challenge me. My heart goes out to you and your family and your church. I'm following your story and keeping you and yours in my prayers. Keep on keeping on. pmb

 
At March 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. crude oil chicago canada investment illinois Rate teeth whitening systems Alternativ invest Porsche parts in california Awnings and los angeles llb+or+jd+online+degrees+or+nontraditional+degrees Illegal free internet connection Acne disqualification army

 

Post a Comment

<< Home